Wednesday, May 18, 2005

do u believe in karma?

i've always believed in karma. what goes around comes around. If you treat people nice, other people will treat u nice. if you don't treat people nice, u'd probably meet your match someday. but who can be sure that it's all due to karma and not just a thing about meeting the wrong people and having a lousy day? some people are nice to everyone, have done nothing wrong, never sha ren fang huo and yet they too have their worst days. not to mention those who have done evil and still live. yeah...you get my point. so how many people can really prove that karma exists?

I proudly exclaim that i can.

this morning, i killed a baby cockroach the first thing in the morning when i went to brush my teeth. I was feeling proud of it since i've always feared such creepy crawlies and have never ever attempted to kill them myself. But given this morning's circumstances, I had no choice but to kill the baby cockroach. if not, it will grow into a big cockcroach and come back to huant me again. so, again, i felt proud of myself to overcome my fear. machiam like those participants in Fear Factor.

about half an hour ago, i got my retribution. Apparently, Mama cockcroach found out that i murdered baby cockcroach and plotted to kill me by tonight. So, it waited until mr goh left the room for dinner, when i was alone in the room, when the door was conveniently open, when i was unarmed, unaware and totally not prepared for the attack that it was about to launch on me. THEN it spreaded its horrifying wings and, like a kamikaze pilot, flew at high speed towards my face. I truly believe that if it was to land on my face at that instant, i would really be dead. Fortunately, (i believe i have done some good deeds too) I heard the flapping of its wings (yes, it was that loud) and in a milisecond, i jumped out of the sofa and ran towards the edge of the room. The room is not very big, so i was still in close proximity with the avenger. I screamed, naturally. and to those people who were unfortunate to hear my screams, i apologise.

so with the killer instinct in me, i decided to kill the Mama cockcroach too. not so easy as i thought. and it cleverly went into hiding, traumatising me for another 30 minutes or more before mr goh came to the rescue and found its hiding place. During the period when i was alone, i felt really alone, helpless and i thought of baby cockcroach.

now, i'm thinking of mama cockcroach and brave mr goh. I just hope karma is not all that true all the time.

"ah men"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did the baby cockroach have wings? i'm trying to identify a bug i found in my apartment, looks identical to a baby roach but doesnt have wings (yet?) I sprayed him with Raid and put him in a ziplock bag. I dont feel bad at all, actually i feel good & i want to find his family & kill them too :) you shouldnt feel bad, because there's a place for bugs, but when they come into your home, they are in Your territory.....