Monday, September 25, 2006

yet another ...singapore idol....

So there I was, happily at home in front of the TV, pigging out on hawaiian and pepporoni pizzas with my bro, just like two years ago... except that then I was in Hall, and mr goh was the one pigging out with me.

The Singapore Idol was the super IN thing then. I recall sitting in front of the ancient looking telly box that mr goh had in his single room in hall week after week, waiting him to buy dinner back for me. I recall the first time sylvester sang An Jing. I recall how I made mr goh vote for sylvester on the night of the finals. My mum voted for sylvester too. hurrr.

This year, although i'm no longer such a big fan of singapore idol, I still made a point to watch the finals and the results show. and of course, my support went to the ah beng again, but a much cooler ah beng this time.

It's funny how the top 2 are so alike (in more ways than one) to the previous top 2 in the first season.

Goody looking boy boy crooning sweet love tunes vs the rocker Beng.

picture courtesy of singaporeidol.com

my mum made me sms one vote to jon. pity he didn't win. I felt he was much more a star than hady. heard on the radio that some listeners think hady won cos his community is more tightly knit and really lends him their support.. hmmmmm... I think it's cos i didn't make mr goh vote with me for jon this time, since he hardly has time to do anything else now. perhaps if i made him, jon might have won. hurrr hurrr. We voted a lot of times for sylvester wor! (but he also didn't win la....)

I also thought jonathon's "support local music" propaganda will help him win, apparently not...

"It's hard holding you....loving you.... losing you....
It's sad to be true.. and be fooled by you....
I don't know......I gotta know...
Should I stay...or should I go....."

No comments: