Saturday, December 09, 2006

26-11-06 New Delhi

Sunday 26-11-06

I slept with the aircon off last night. It was too cold; I was trembling under my blanket. If only I’ve got someone to warm my bed. I could feel my skin drying up, just after one night!

I dilly-dallied in the room; still apprehensive to explore the city on my own. From the hotel window, I see the people on the streets. I see stray dogs. I’m glad I didn’t plan to go to Agra today. I wouldn’t have made it out of bed in time.

Objective today: Get train tickets to Agra

How: Get to New Delhi train station

Warning from hf: N’s friend, a Canadian girl, was in Delhi n there’s a lot of eve-teasing, ie guy go up to girl n just grab her ass, etc.

Reminder: Do not believe anyone who talks to you there. Do not follow them when they say they want to bring you to their shop.

So, I finally stepped out of the office. It’s sunny but cold! Such a strange combination but it feels nice, until I sat on the auto rickshaw and it starting moving. It izzz cold! And I realized I haven’t brought enough clothes to keep me warm. =_= Great, my fats will be burnt faster, or built up faster in the cold-works both ways. Hur

The train station is very very busy. I tried to look for the ticket office and this guy offered to show me the way. I reached some gate and the guy told me I’ll have to go to Connaught Place to get my tickets to Agra since I’m only going to Agra next Sat. So, I took another auto rickshaw to Connaught Place. Mistake #1. I believe the ticket office is at the train station, and not somewhere else. But you just go with the flow in India, man. It’s tough to travel alone.

I reached the N-block and was told that the office in front of me is where I can get advance train tickets to Agra. But I got more than I wanted after the visit. I hired a driver to bring me to places wherever I want to go for a week, changed hotels, and got myself a date with the boss. He offered to bring me to dinner and I thought, why not? If he rapes and kills me, or kills and rapes me, I’d have his particulars sent to the police. At least justice can be done.

off to sight seeing first!

| View Show | Create Your Own

Dinner was niceee.... Great food, nice drinks... good company.

--Tikka Murgatani and Panr. Mirch Masala Platter--
It's chicken in some spicy sauce, accompanied with mint sauce and the other is vegetables and cheese. Eat with naan. velly velly nice.

--my bailey's irish cream--


We went to watch a bollywood movie after dinner.

Apna Sapna Money Money

MOvie synopsis from http://www.movietalkies.com/movies/index.asp?MovieId=18667

Apna Sapna Money Money revolves around a bunch of madcap characters that eat, drink, sleep and worship money. A fast-paced situational comedy, it is glorified by an ensemble of assorted and interesting characters. The story revolves around a mechanic, a conman, a club dancer, an upright cop, an obsessed father & his homely daughter, a tabela owner, a ruthless gangster, a deadly don & his moll and an unpredictable dog. A journey filled with rib-tickling moments throughout. If one runs after money, the other runs after love and the one who runs after love eventually runs after money. A hilarious journey of 11, a limitless quest for money, and a twisting and turning tale of love; the money swings around them and creates amusing and maddening circumstances. A dramatic turn evolves when all the characters starts looking for the hidden diamonds that are worth a lump-sum! Greed. Craze. Obsession. Fun. Takes over. And a madcap comedy of crime, love and complete zaniness continues... don’t be too surprised if by the end it turns into your own SAPNA! Money Money!




It's a hilarious show. Lotsa dancing and singing. Although I didn't understand Hindi, I could kinda make out what is happening. Very entertaining.

It was a lovely evening.

1 comment:

nefnef said...

u're crazy brave honey. i wld have died from paranoia :) <3