Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Eternal Embrace

Archaeologists in Italy have discovered a pair of human skeletons (believed to be a couple) buried 5-6,000 years ago.



This is like how Romeo-and-Juliet.

Til death do us part.

And in this case, they probably proved the statement wrong. I wonder what their love story is like....

I think I'd like to live in the Shakespearean era.... lotsa romanticism, lotsa love in the air, lotsa trials to go through.... i want a hero in shining armour to sweep me off my feet, meet me at the secret meeting place every night, and bring me fresh flowers every day.

and finally, to die in each other's embrace.



A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun for sorrow will not show his head.
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punishèd;
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.



great, Mr Peh just shed new light on this pile of skeletons. Perhaps they were having a struggle before they died, he says, cos he's an engineer and he needs to consider all kinds of possible scenarios.

I don't care, I still want to believe they are LOVERS!

No comments: