Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blithe Spirit


I'm glad that although I've got a blocked nose and a sore throat, I still managed to stick to the plan and went ahead to catch Blithe Spirit with HR.

The show was really quite hilarious and it was a lovely evening out. Something un-routine.

I love to watch drama 'live' - cos the characters look more real and you can really 'feel' them.

Motion pictures are well, just motion pictures although there's a lot more the director can play around with ... the sets, the venue, animation, the angle to capture, lalala...

But theatre drama - what you see is what you get. Scene changes are minimal. The few characters are all who pull the act together. There's just so much magic about theatre drama I love.

Maybe I miss the feeling of being onstage, performing, singing my hearts out, looking out towards the audience but all i see are bright lights... yet I hear them, I feel their gaze, I know they are there... watching... me.

Ah yes, I'm quite the narcissistic drama mama.

I enjoyed every single moment of theatre - whether I'm part of the cast, or the audience (although it's more satisfying being the performer).

Before the curtain draws, I get gibberish, I burp a lot, my teeth chatter, my hair stand.

When the curtain is drawn, I lose myself and get lost in the act. The adrenaline of it all just flows throughout my entire body, head to toe...

and come curtain call, you wish it'd never end. I wish it'd never end.

Last night, I saw passion in the performers and I admire their courage to pursue doing what they really love, in a profession whom many others (at last most of the older generation) would deem not so desirable.

It's the bread and love argument all over again.

And for myself, I think I'm more hungry for bread than love.

I can only reminisce the good old times when my feet swept across the stages of St nicks, nj, nanyang audi, drama centre, kallang and victoria.

No comments: