Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pre-then-post birthday celebrations

So... I was saying that I didn't feel excited about my birthday...

but this birthday surprised me quite a bit. =D

It's true when you're least expecting something, they'll always appear as pleasant (or unpleasant) surprises.


=When the clock struck 12=


The long overdued surprise--Mr Goh unexpectedly dropped by my place with lovely cakes from Rive Guache on Thursday night! I didn't pick up the various give-aways he made that day... he told me his colleague wants to know where I got the Vday cakes for him from, asked me about the different types of cakes available, etc, asked me when I'd be home after tuition... I SHOULD have smelled something fishy, but I didn't. I guess there were too many things to do at work.

=Luncheon=

On Friday, the actual day, (which also happens to be the last day of work for m and wj), we had our own farewell/birthday lunch. Despite all the un/happiness at/about work/one another, we still managed to have a good lunch and a good laugh over AT and our postures at work. Man... I'm a hunchback! I need to make a conscious effort to keep my back straight!



And then some more decent photos. The girls and Peter got me this pair of amethyst shoulder dusters with other semi-precious stones. It's a handmade design by this Japanese lady, Yoko Yamada, who believes that "small things are beautiful". =D


It is believed that amethyst will protect its owner from drunkenness. The ancient Greeks and Romans wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication.

Given my tolerance for alcohol (or the lack of it), we shall see if it's really true or not.




=Dinner Date=

so Mr Goh got confused about which date my birthday falls on... until I need to write it down in 'black and white'...

and the mystery dining venue (which is high and dark) turned out to be Altivo Bar @ The Jewel Box at Mt Faber. Nevermind that it's alfresco, the night breezes were cool AND there were no mosquitoes AND no one was smoking since decent food was served there.

But it was really dark...



and food portions were tiny, but still delicious... maybe good things come in small packages

Mr Goh says the girl on the card reminds him of me... cos of the eyes ^ ^ and the figure. =_= Jewel's peak was really yummy.

and since there was a live band there (who plays really good music)... might as well make a dedication right... <3

so there was a 'Happy Birthday' song which I uploaded earlier, followed by this...we sound like mice and I look drunk (from half a glass of mango margarita)...

and this... SATAYS! $2 per stick! But the meat was damn SUCCULENT! and the KETUPAT was WARM!

And so ends the night of the 30th, when I'm officially TWO AND FOUR.


=Sweeties and Presents=

Presenting to you... the Nike 'Shox Q-Vida' Athletic Dance Shoe! Great for fitness dance and gym workouts ;) I LOVE IT!

Description: Lightweight, synthetic leather lace-up provides responsive cushioning, articulated arch flex and support, ideal for the fitness dancer.

big THANK YOU to the sweeties! then we went shopping for GGGoh's present. ;) I realise we didn't take pics with hf!! and hf, I didn't realise you guys went kino to get the cards!
Dinner was at Thai Express (two days in a row)...craving for spicy food and their lime+watermelon juice + mango salad + four season peas. I can have Thai Express for consecutive days!

Oh, I didn't realise eileen left the Q to get the cake too! What's happening to me?! I'm losing the ability to read the signs! (or maybe cos this time zee managed to keep mum about it) So yeah, the cake was a surprise!

The strawberrilicious chocolatey cake from CHOCZ and my little wishes

Zee took a pic of me with her polaroid cam, which I later showed Mr Goh and he said it reminded him of 周慧敏 Vivian Chow.


Which part? The headband, the hair or the bushy eyebrows?

and we're off to the Mezza9! As usual, eileen ordered this special conconction called Hot and Sexy which tasted REALLLY bad... and she settled for a lesser evil - the Bloody Mary. I thought I'd be more conservative and ordered a Tiramisu martini. It wasn't that bad, in fact, all the martinis at Mezza9 are DAMN power, too strong for me liao. I think ru's the only one who finished her Sakura. The amethyst didn't work for me at all.


=Two Ts=
When I made my wishlist and told Mr Goh I would like a Tiffany, he asked me who is Tiffany...

whether he was pretending or not, I could not tell...

but we went tiffany shopping nonetheless! finally decided on the lock ring (over the beanie ring)... to which Mr Goh asked, but there's no key to the lock?

Oh my dear... YOU are the key... WHEE!


Sis got me the keyring but since my sturdy bow and heart keyring (since 2002!!) is still intact, I'm gonna be a cheat and double up the tag on the keyring as a pendant! WHEE WHEE! ;D (I checked with tiffany today and they don't sell their chain separately! wk!)

=birthday thoughts=
I still DON'T feel 24.

As I've told many of you, I think birthdays are most entertaining when you're still a child. Nothing to fret, parents will take care of the cake, food, desserts, balloons, gifts, cards, confetti and your friends... And you just sit in front of your cake and look like a princess. I probably had about ten or less of this kind of parties.

And when you're older, it becomes just a date to remind yourself that (maybe) you need to learn to be more responsible and act like an adult, etc etc.

I wish something WILL happen to me when it's my birthday, like physically overnight, so you know you are REALLY growing older. Like grow bigger boobs la, grow an inch taller la, eyes grow bigger la, butt becomes smaller la... just some sign you know (note: not ageing signs though!) ... So I can proudly say, I AM A YEAR OLDER!

Or some fairy godmother will come by my bed at night and present me with my birthday certificate, that sort of things...

Cos emotionally, mentally, what not, I don't feel that I'm growing g r o w i n g...

maybe I need to become fully aware of who I really am before I can make a fairer comment about that... :P

Thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes and love!

1 comment:

~* ros *~ said...

happy belated birthday! bet u have lotsa fun with all the celebrations!!

btw i have that lock ring too!! got it in hk 2 yrs ago. tiffany in hk is abt 50 bucks cheaper than sg per piece on average