Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hong Kong then and now - Day One

Finally 'bugged' Mr Goh to get the remaining HK pics from wx and jz. :))

Thanks guys!

It was a nostalgic ride this morning (why are flights to HK always so early in the morning??).

5 months earlier, we were a bunch of happy kids who can't wait to 'mai dong xi chi dong xi mai dong xi chi dong xi' in HongKong.
NOW, I'm on my own

Happily sent to T1 by Mr Goh, which explains why I love this tee as well (no matter if others think it's how shallow :)

It says "Gotta love a guy who can DRIVE", to which Mr Goh added, "you crazy."

Watched Music and Lyrics on the plane... and i LOVE it! I love drew and hugh (in super tight pants).

I love 'Don't write me off yet' - I put myself in Drew's shoes and it so bloody touched my heart. I'd marry whoever writes a song like that for me. ;)(It reminded me of the Adam Sandler song though)

THEN: at the (oh-so-familiar) airport, on the (oh-so-familiar) A21 bus.

NOW: gotta buy my own ticket, lug my luggage on the bus, and sit at the lower deck (to keep a close watch on my luggage). But I got myself a smashing cool drink - Royal Honey Jelly & Bird's Nest Watermelon juice!

THEN & NOW:

THEN: Our first LUNCH

The rickshaw/trishaw noodle is SO much better than the one in Singapore la! cannot fight! Even Eric Tsang loves the food there!
OUR NEXT STOP: Stanley Market - It's a long and dreary (cos raining) ride. Along the way, we passed by Repulse Bay - which was quite deserted since no one in their right mind would go swimming in winter. And that's Jackie Chan's fengshui apartment on the top left hand corner. It was quite disappointing at Stanley cos there's nothing much to get there... though wx found some really good bargain for ties..while we found some ... interesting things. =) And the blue building is so perfect for kodak moments.

DINNER: Met up Mr Goh's parents for dinner (we did not arrange to go to HK together) at this Hakka restaurant. Good food! It was then that we realise that the HK servings are HUGE. We can hardly finish all that we've ordered... (and that's not pics of all that we've ordered....)

TIMES SQUARE & THE SHIT: JZ unfortunately stepped on a pile of shit (i guess freshly produced) and we know which dog did it. While she (and wx) was busy cleaning it off at a corner, I was busy holding my breath for whoever walked past that pile or SPLATTER of SHIT. Until, Mr goh placed some tissue paper there. =_= I was having a good time holding my breath....

Mr Goh acting 'cool' and trying to puff himself up to become like Allan Wu at Ladies' Street.
LAST STOP of DAY ONE: DESSERT. I love Dan-Dan.


NOW: Checked into a Tatami Hampton Hotel along Nathan Road. It's pretty decent for a budget hotel, much better than Dragon Hostel we stayed at the last time. Room is not big, the cupboard is tiny, I can squeeze in between the walls. And since it was raining raining raining when I checked in, I felt lazy and didn't go to FF as planned. But, I played with my new toy!

SHOPPING & DINNER: Finally decided to brace the rain and get out to see see look look. Went to Causeway Bay's Jardine's Bazaar, which was a really lousy choice, cos it was POURING. And this sales lady pissed me off - i wanted to try this denim skirt, they have a changing room, the item is not on sale and she told me I have to buy it before I can try it?! Shen jing bing.

So.. went to Times Square again and wanted to try my luck at finding the 2046 restaurant.

Now I really understand why I can never make a good geography student. I suck at reading maps. I took 45 min to find the place, often walking in the opposite direction. Took two wrong turns and ended up far far away, then had to walk back to Times Square.

By the time i got to the restaurant, my toes are hardly alive. And thinking that the set meals would be very big portions, I didn't order them. Instead, i ordered chicken corn soup and goldfinch fried rice, which ... still turned out to be damn HUGE servings!! (Oh, everyone else around me ordered their steak... so i suppose they serve damn good steak)

To be continued......

1 comment:

~* ros *~ said...

i stayed in that tatami hotel before!! there's a playground below it right???