Thursday, November 15, 2007

泰昌餅家

Was happily approached by this tourist couple this morning while on my way to work.
Guy tourist: Mm Goi, ceng man lei zhi dou li gor Tai Cheong hai bin dou mo?
Excuse me, can you tell me where Tai Cheong is?
I: Ooooh... Hai qin min gor dou ce... yew guo ma lou.
ooooh.. it's right in front, have to cross the road.
I will actually walk past Taicheong,
but I was already late for work,
so I was walking on turbo.
Dropped by 7-11 to get my honey chrysanthemum
and saw the couple tourist turning into the wrong lane.
I: Gor gan poh hai qin min... lei cek hang zao dou le.
That shop is in front, you just have to walk straight and you'll see it.
Guy tourist: oooh... mm goi mm goi.
oooh.. thank u thank u.
I: mm sai hak hei.
you're welcome.
:)
I is feel damn proud of my gwong dong wah.
hahaha.
I told Mr Goh that I must have looked local enough
for the tourist couple to ask me for directions
to the egg tart shop.
and then he said
"that's cos your face round round...
they know u must have eaten the egg tarts before."
FAINT.
In any case, Tai Cheong egg tart along Lynhurst Terrace is yummilicious,
especially when it is FRESH out of the oven.
They have Chris Patten (HK's last governor) patronising their bakery too.
and dodo head zee thought Chris Patten's pic was Bill Clinton or something.
Eileen is coming tomorrow!
but I'm so gonna be stuck at work....
Will make sure we make FULL use of this weekend!

No comments: