Sunday, April 06, 2008

Reporting LIVE from Washington DC

yes.
I've survived two legs of my flight to Sao Paulo.
12 hours non stop to San Frans - sat beside LaVelle, who loves Singaporeans more than Hong Kong people. Met Steven Loh and wife (both lovely Singaporeans) who are visiting their daughter (LaVelle thought he was visiting his 'doctor'- heeheee) - San frans, LA, then San Diego for 16 days. I did feel a bit home sick and thought of where to take my mum for holiday.
Planned to do some work on this flight but ended up sleeping most of the time - which is good, cos now I'm quite accustomed to the time difference.
And my new jetset neck cushion, head cushion, eye mask were put to good use. =)
Security at the US airport is tight. You remove shoes, belts, jackets - I'm surprised i passed the detector test, my braces are on me so long they've become a part of me. I've learnt to declare if I'm bringing foodstuff. The customs people were gonna chuck my 'chicken feet' away because they were made in china. (Chicken feet bought from some jap store okay - made in china... tmd.)
Officer: I'm sorry, you can't bring these in.. they're chicken and they're made in china. We're still very wary of the avian flu outbreak.
I: Hm... ok... (heart pain cos they're two big packets, and not cheap)
Officer: Oh wait... you're going to Brazil?
I: yea. I'm only transitting in San Frans and then DC.
Officer: oh, that's alright then. Take it to Brazil!
haha. I don't know what to make out of this.
Watched Enchanted on my way to DC all the while trying hard not to sleep. I think my nights of partying have trained me somewhat.
Another 2 hours of waiting, and 10 hours flight and I'll be in the land of the Paulistas.
Alex offered to take me around S.P. =)
I can't wait.
and I do miss you dear, and I'll try not to fall in love with the Brazilians.
Now, time for a cup of Starbucks.

No comments: