Monday, January 05, 2009

First working day of 2009

Officially, today is my first working day of 2009.
Everyone was still basking in the holiday fun (hangover) last Friday
while I nursed my runny nose and sore throat.
The weekend had been an alcohol rehabilitation of sorts
and also paid off some of my sleep debts.
I was so tired,
I couldn't even make myself go for a quick dinner
with fion and co,
so I merely lugged my big bag of new winter clothing home
and hit the sack before midnight.
Had a quick chat with Guy -
it's been sometime since we touched base.
He highly recommended The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
and said I would love the movie;
I'll catch that when it starts showing in HK,
or Singapore when I make it back later this month.
He thinks I'm too driven, so a little mellowness would help me -
take slower steps, have some quiet time alone
and figure out where I'm standing.
Sound advice -
which I took.
I went for facial
and got myself running at the gym again.
Travelled a little further,
over to the Kowloon side
and Jason and I had our hands on Mario racing game at the dingy arcade.
Sunday was spent alone;
except I took some time in the morning to visit the doc again
and took a little more time to buy stuff at Sogo
and a lot more time just going through past facebook photos and old emails.
I spend a lot of time going through the past...
I wonder if that's even a good use of my time.
I thought about my new year resolutions
and then I thought about how i'm going to keep to them.
tough.
but I'll still try.
And i did make it.
Early wake up in the morn, got to work at 8am.
Good breakfast and start to a new day.
Busy day at work - productive, but not quite effective
Went to the gym and sweat it out.
And I blogged
and I read.
And I'm going for salsa tomorrow night.
Finally!
After much talk of wanting to learn it properly...
2009 is going to be fantastic.
I just have to keep the fun going.
:)

No comments: