Friday, December 31, 2010

Last night

I don't know how anyone can get so excited about meeting our contractor for the first time (formally) that he can lose sleep over it and stare at excel sheets for hours.

We did that last night - well, jason mainly.

I'm usually the more excelsy person and like to note things down in excel. It was a reversal of roles last night.

Not to say that I didn't contribute much - but it was getting late and the list of construction / renovation items listed in Cantonese did not help. Many times, I kept asking j what this is and what that is.

Since we've decided on this contractor Yeung, j has been on his toes, pledging to be an asshole and make sure the contractor do a superb job.

I have my concerns about Yeung - mostly cos I didn't really like the look of him, and how he slashed prices just to win our bid. But, after some thought, we figured this is only our first flat, let's learn the works first, get a decent renovation done (since we are pressed for time), and talk about interior design later when we next move into somwhere bigger.

As long as this Yeung fulfills his part of the contract and not have any hidden costs, I suppose we are safe.
As j like to say, "if he does not do a good job, I'm gonna bust his balls".
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: