Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are you a give or take person?

"The radio plays our favourite song.... and it's what keeps me going on...
Baby, do you miss me? Now that i'm gone..."

Was listening to the radio... and the deejay was talking about GIVE and TAKE, how in the same day, she experienced the joy of both giving and receiving gifts.

Receiving gifts is definitely absolutely delightfully pleasing. especially if they come as surprises. don't need to be expensive, lavish gifts. Some gifts just have the magic to touch your heart. I like receiving gifts. =)

Sometime back, when I was in Taipei, I kinda got lost and found myself in a book store.

All chinese books.

It's a nice feeling to be able to spend a lazy afternoon, browsing and people-watching. Bookstores (or maybe the brainwaves of intellectual people in there)always have this effect on me. So I decided it's time to give.

I picked some 'Taiwanese-flavoured' cards for my loved one and the sweeties back in sg. I wrote in chinese characters, in complete sentences (for the first time after dunno how many years). And as I was writing, I was thinking of their faces....how it'd light up when they receive the snail-mailed cards. How my thoughts travelled the miles, εƒι‡ŒδΉ‹ε€–.

and I guess this feeling is better than that of receiving (sometimes) :)

No comments: