Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Why are people such impatient creatures?

I was queuing for the ticket office at Orchard MRT when there was this lady, dressed very aunty-ish, queuing behind me. The ones queuing in front of me basically just want to top up their farecards (they obviously don't know how to use the top up machine; granted, since they're pretty elderly), so the line moved fast...until it was my turn.

I was queuing for the ticket office for a different purpose.

I was there to activate the Ez-link function in my card which I was told I can only do that at a ticket office. No short cuts at the General Ticketing Machines (GTMs) or whatever. I swear for the 5 minutes (or less) the ticket officer was attending to me, this aunty-ish lady was stomping her feet, making 'tsk' sounds and repeatedly saying 'take so long' behind my back.

I turned and GLARED at her, wanted to tell her... "OOI, AUNTIE, don't have time to wait, then don't queue la. queue=wait. It's MY turn, i am entitled to take as long as i want, to get all my things done."

It's not as if i'm holding the line cos i purposely want to hold the line, taking my time to take out my cards slow motion style, taking time to think about what i want done at the ticket office. Good for her that I wasn't feeling ah lian enough to give her a thrashing. So annoying.

I told mich that annoying people are only loved by their parents, if they are lucky. Otherwise, they are not loved by anyone.

Annoying person I shall not become.

Patience I must have.

'Tsk' sounds I shall not make anymore.

and if you find queuing a waste of time, then DON'T queue. or do something while queuing, like try putting your fist in your mouth.

2 comments:

~* ros *~ said...

hi poh chin!

nice blog u've got here!!

Miss Laugh-Alot said...

mich thinks "if they are lucky" is damn true.