Sunday, January 21, 2007

yet another week.....

Good things that happened this week:
1) successfully ambushed mr goh with 4 sinfulicious cakes to add weight to his tummy:

clockwise from top left: Caramel Almond, Mont Blanc, Guanaja (highly recommended!) and Orange Exotic.
All these from the lovely cake shop at Takashimaya's Rive Gauche.

2) met up for soba dinner with mich, mich's uncle ray and ru. :) and yun came meet me for lunch :D

3)saw a rainbow!!

picture was taken with my camera phone la... so quality not very good... but still can see right?!?! damn happy to see the rainbow... i haven't seen one in... years??

and I also irritated mich by flooding her msn with "It's RAINING, it's RAINING..." "RAIN is here.." "It's going to RAIN"... all cos RAIN is comin to singapore this weekend. I'm starting to find him sexy. HEE.

4)Met up with the hall peeps for dinner at Giraffe and games at mind cafe.
Baby Back Ribs
We played games til 3am ok! Even met a police road block when mr goh sent me back...

I was expecting the policeman to ask us to get out of the car, search our body, search the car and use the alcohol tester on us. BUT... he merely asked where we're going... *disappointed* but he very polite leh! greeted GOOD MORNING wor! the police force also part of the GEMS movement?

5) watched Pan's Labyrinth... i quite like the show.. but mr goh thought it's a waste of time and money. he thinks ofelia is just schizoprehnic, although i tried to convice him that the show is actually trying to weave fantasy and reality together, beautifully. Some scenes are pretty gruesome though. I felt that more could be explored, cos some of the fantasy scenes really don't have much of a purpose. well, if anything, you can pick up a few spanish words after watching the movie.

6) Had Cafe Cartel for dinner!!

I haven't had cafe cartel in... years too. I'm surprised mr goh actually agreed to dine there. Anyways, they've changed the menu at cartel, and you don't have to pay at the counter when u order your food. The bill comes later. There's still FREE FLOW of bread though. I love that about cartel.
I had some mushroom crepe (new on the menu), while mr goh went for the all time favourite pan fried linguine.

I was already FULL after eating half the crepe! and i hate it when mr goh doesn't tell me my hair is messy!!!

and as usual, we finished up with all time favourite banana split.


Not so good things this week:
1) work (no need to say more)

2) had an ucler at the side of my tongue. SO DAMN PAIN. and when this one healed, another developed at the most inner side of my gums. bugger.

3) had to cancel our dinner at amici due to unforeseen circumstances.

Hope the new week will be a better one!

No comments: