Sunday, February 18, 2007

GONG XI FA CAI!!

To continue with last year's 'tradition', mr goh came by to pick me up to go china-town-ing after reunion dinner.

maybe we've had too full a reunion dinner, or maybe we've too tired out by the spring cleaning the day before.... but both of us were really tired! Mr Goh saw the crowd in chinatown and asked if I'm having second thoughts.... my throat started to feel itchy (cos of too much bakkwa and didn't drink enough water) and my mouth hurts each time i speak (ulcer in direct contact with braces)....

So i told mr goh, let's go back.... we couldn't find a parking lot either.

and then, out of nowhere, he saw a parking lot.

alrighty, we'll just get out and FEEEEEEEL the CNY atmosphere from a distance. There's this Hong Kong dessert stall along the street opposite Chinatown Point.... and how can mr goh resist his favourite GUI LING GAO right? I had Ginger soup AH BOR LING. my tummy was as big as mr goh's.

and this picture was on the wall of the dessert stall.... there was also another picture of her in ANOTHER dessert stall along the SAME street, and in a bridal shop along the SAME street as well.
I tried to replicate it.... albeit unsuccessfully..... I had no idea I was grinning like a silly pig.
and along the same street, we came across these pictures of Chinatown in the 50s or 60s....
The five foot street...check out the little girl's hair.

The electric tram goes from outram to geylang.... see the police? still wear SHORTS!

This picture is like how classic. Can you imagine yourself bathing like THAT??

And then there's a news article on Titanic

I told Mr Goh, it should be quite exciting to be living in the 50s/60s ah... lotsa things happening and transitioning.... but he added that it's also the dangerous period la... huge income gap la... and that I'd probably would be a 'MA JIE' if I were really living in that era...

yea. we are in fact a fortunate lot. Have a Happy and Prosperous Piggy Year!

I'm proud to be a PIG!

No comments: