Saturday, June 30, 2007

fear or bravery?

heard over the radio the unfortunate news that Ishi has left this world.

I thought I heard it wrong,

until his pictures were all over the papers.

It's sad... he's still so young, and multi-talented indeed.

Though we're only hi-bye friends at Modernjazz, he did appear to be such a cheerful and happy-go-lucky guy, and a charmer too.

had a discussion with Mr. Goh today about this, and he commented that such people must be very brave to take their lives, that it is not easy to take your own life away.

I think NOT.

For me, bravery/courage would mean doing something you are genuinely afraid of. e.g. sky diving, eating cockroaches, and the like. The activity should not have to hurt the people around you.

I think the act is silly, and irresponsible, but who am I to say right... I'm not driven to the edge of no return yet...these people.. are probably not in the right state of mind to think logically already.

their main objective is to just .. leave everything behind?

I don't think there's anything which cannot be resolved... life is simply too precious....

Your thought of wanting to die is countered by so many other people's thoughts that want you to be still alive.

so please, cherish life, live happy, and believe... that things will get better.

No comments: