Sunday, August 05, 2007

Such an exciting chapter has begun!

I remember when I first heard the news of Miss Xie getting past the interviews at the Jap embassy and the position to work in JPN for a year, I was so excited!!! In fact, excited is an understatement. I was exhilarated, and my heart raced so fast that my tears uncontrollably rolled down my cheeks. And they felt warm.

That was during the steamboat dinner at mich's place.

So the big day has finally arrived. All the luggages packed... but feelings?

Heard from the sweeties that this morning's send off at the airport was a teary one. Wish I was there, but..nonetheless, hope my presence was felt!

Distance is indeed a barrier. It was not until this HK secondment that I slowly learnt to let go... of certain things/persons. My previous trips hadn't been this long and hadn't made me miss so many precious moments with the ones I love.

You cannot participate in the lives of others if you're not physically there, if you can't share the same experience at the same time. Even as you retold each other's experience, something will still be missing? So you just learn to let go and let the other person(s) enjoy doing something else and wish they have a good time. I guess the ones at home now would be feeling the same about me too.

We can only look very much forward to the times we'll spend together again, and smile as we think about such thoughts.

=) Miss Xie, Ganbatte!!

No comments: