Saturday, August 04, 2007

FF - here and there

The couch potato lifestyle is not doing good.

When I've got nothing to do after work/dinner, I get glued to the couch with a whole bag of snacks within an arm's reach. I realised how much I miss eating potato chips (BBQ, spicy, tomato, even got Mongkok Sausage flavour!). I can eat a pack every night. A true blue potato eating potatoes.

The feeling when I hit the gym after a month of stagnation felt good.

And the guys in the combat class today were two extremes.

This pair of guy friends (Asian and caucasian) were first timers to the class, standing behind me. And their combat stance/moves were hilarious. Machiam monkeys learning how to punch. Keke.

And then there was this group of guys (late 30s, early 40s) who were punching SO HARD they look like they were going to kill somebody. Is it that stressful at work in HK???

and when I was at the weights corner, this guy was using the cable weights machine. Each time he pulled the weights, his face squeezed damn damn tight and he grinded his teeth. I wanted to laugh but thought it'd be mean... he's probably pulling half his body weight. And... I thought I noticed he had a hard-on =_= Guys should NOT wear tiny shorts to workout.

Anyway, obviously my fitness level fell (again) - don't know how I'm gonna manage to complete the SHAPE run in early sept.

Noticed a few differences btn the FF in SG, and the FF in HK.

1) obviously... the HK instructors were not as entertaining as the one at home.
2) they refused to let me take another towel - "one person one set only." =_= So I didn't cover myself in the sauna today. Muahahahaaaaa
3) No mirrors in the changing rooms!
4) No plastic bags for the dirty workout attire - environmentally friendly, which is good.
5) Instead of encouraging members to workout and use the stairs, they have elevators and escalators (the club is 3-storeys high)
6) A lot more workout equipment, but the studio is not big.
7) Much much bigger beverage/resting area.

Going to Lamma Island for some hiking adventure tmr!

No comments: