Sunday, September 30, 2007

)) Over the mOon ((

It's times like these ...
when
I feel so IMMENSELY satisfied.

From NY client:
"Thank you for your excellent service.
We hope to be in touch with you
in the future.
It was a pleasure meeting you and
you should certainly contact me
when you make it to my side of the world."

From boss:
"Well done - sounds like it all went OK.
I take my hat off to you:
your first focus group with
non-English/Mandarin native speakers
on a technical subject
and in the enemy's camp."
I am over the moon.
*******
Took pains to prepare myself for the session:
watching the NY FG session;
doing my homework on the subject matter;
even a 1 hour crash course on how to conduct the ENTIRE session in cantonese.
My palms were wet, my stomach felt uneasy - hours before the session.
But like Tom said,
CHARM them
SMILE
that is your stage.
The participants turned out to be all male,
so I guess that was easy - haha.
I really hope I managed to get some valuable input from these guys.
x cross my fingers and toes x
*******
Had the pleasure to take client out to lunch today
at Crystal Jade at IFC
only to find out that he doesn't take pork
and ALL the xiao long baos/dumplings are ALL pork filled!
Why don't they have shrimp/crab meat ones??
I'm always stressed out whenever I have to take someone out for a meal,
and this has to happen.
Luckily, he enjoyed the food very much.
I think I'm getting better at this,
meeting someone new,
feeling comfortable in his/her company
talking about everything under the sun.
I think the best part is
learning about their experiences in different parts of the world
and sharing yours with them.
New York, Battery Park, Chicago, San Diego,
St. Petersburg, Tokyo, Jaipur, Agra, Taiwan, Bangkok,
Shanghai, Guangzhou, Su zhou, Hang zhou,
Three Gorges, West Lake,
Paris, Venice, London
Tequila, Gin, Vodka, Champagne,
Coke, Red Bull, Soda water
Johnny Depp, Leo DiCaprio
Quantitative, Qualitative
Cooking, Pizzas, Bagels,
Cakes, Egg tarts, Chinese noodles
He told me we are the lucky ones -
few have the luxury to travel for work.
and yes,
I'm so thankful for all the opportunities.

At Graham Street - one of HK's iconic wet markets.

Can't wait to get to the other side of the world!

No comments: