Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tired beee and thirsty bee!

I cannot understand why I always take so long to pack... even when it's only a 3day trip! started packing at 1130 after watching Basic Instinct 2 on cable.

Did my laundry in between. And some unpacking and packing.

And replied work emails - people in Vietnam don't sleep at normal hours!

So now, I have 4 hours of sleep ahead before i rush to the airport.

Thank goodness for online check in. =)

Met Fion for lunch at Wanchai today. Don't know what's with my luck and my encounters with insects today. When I got to the office, I had three THUMB size mosquito bites on my legs.

During lunch, my salad was attacked by a fruit fly thingy.

And when my 'dong leng cha' was served, this thirsty bee happily took the first sip.



Tom has a better picture of the bee, sticking out its built-in 'straw', sucking the liquid. My picture is when it started swimming around.

The outrageous thing is... even after all the commotion i created, and signalled for the waitress to come by... the drink and the bee were left unattended!

The waitresses asked silly questions like, 'Should I get another glass of ice tea for you?' 'Would you like a new glass?'

HELL YEAH!

and when we told them to remove it, she said, 'what if it starts flying and stings me?'

holy shit. So we did this to the drowning bee.



The table of MALE diners next to us were prepared to fend off the bee with their fork and knives. Goodness.

Where has my knight in shining armour gone?

Normally, under such circumstances - food contamination by fruit fly and bee, the restaurant manager should at least come and apologise (and offer to settle lunch for me)... but no... no one came forward to say anything - other than to present the bill.

Such is the service standard in HK? In any case, if you want a buzz-free meal in wanchai, avoid a certain Bistro located at CWB Center.

No comments: