Thursday, December 13, 2007

7973

Comfort Taxi Plate No. 7973
YOU WATCH OUT!!!!!
I made an advance taxi booking last night
for pick this morning 8am at my void deck
so that I can get to Hotel Intercontinental in time
for the Conference and Workshop by 830am.
Promptly at 8am
I got this automatic phone call from Comfort
informing me that the taxi has arrived
I was still putting on the last touches of make up
a minute later
the driver (belonging to a certain m-yoyo club) called me
"Yes, I'm going down in a couple of minutes' time."
He said ok and hung up.
NB!!!!!
when I went down
he was no where to be seen!!!
so I called him
"I went off already. You call another cab."
WHAT?!?!?!
Hello??? Did I not say i'm on my way???
Yes, I admit that it's MY FAULT for not being on time
but he was not even waiting for more than 10 minutes
and he RAN OFF just like that??
FYI
Advance booking fee is $5.20
+ Peak Hour surchage $2.00
+ ERP $2.00
He is getting a good $9.20 in his pockets
without burning his petrol
Can he do the math or not?
It is NOT like I told him I don't need a cab any more
I said I am coming down.
Can he understand English or not?
It is SO DAMN BLOODY IRRESPONSIBLE la!
There is a reason why I make ADVANCE BOOKING leh.
It is just WRONG of him to
1) run off without informing me
2) run off without indicating to call centre to get another cab for me
If there is an EMERGENCY
and he needs to run off
at least inform the call centre to get another cab here right???
I am SO disappointed with the service of COMFORT
1) bad experience with the drivers
2) bad experience with the hot lines/operators
I really hate the automatic assumption of where the pickup location is
and the annoying computer voice that goes
"For pick up at (pause) Cairhill Road (pause) Cairnhill Place (pause)
Please press (pause) ONE (pause)... yada yada..."
complete waste of my time.
and to think they boast of the largest fleet of taxis on the island
and they are going to raise taxi fare this coming Monday.
What the HELL is going on???

No comments: