Friday, August 15, 2008

Survived my first week at work

Been in and out of meetings this week and

it's great meeting new people and sitting in teleconferencing sessions

Everything is so systematic here.

It's pretty easy to follow,

but I just need to get the workflow sorted out in my head.

The HR is organising a Wii Olympics competition which I think my team will most likely take part in

My singaporean colq has been extremely kind and helpful and it definitely feels better to have her around

My Hk colqs appear shy at the beginning but they're slowly warming up :)
Had lunch with one of them today and it was good

I wonder if age is catching up with me

I feel the passion in my team members towards research work and I always feel excited to meet a like-minded individual loves her job as much (or more) than I do.

And how small the world is - a sec sch classmate actually works two cubicles away from me and I only realised that on Thursday! She's been walking up and down and we didn't realise until we were introduced to each other - and then we screamed (in the office) - haha.. very typical of st nicks girls. :) It's good.

That is what's amazing about living - with some people, you tread on parallel lines. With others, the paths are crossed. Or perhaps, it's just a matter of time before all paths criss cross. Such is 'Yuan'.

Also found out today that someone intended to say goodbye. A goodbye I may have never known if not heard from another source. The news brought back a flood of memories.

All things take time.

No comments: