Sunday, May 10, 2009

A little sunshine will do you good ;)

We can feel summer on our skin!

and it's HOT!!!!

A bouquet of pink lilies and forget me nots at the door is just another way to start a perfect Sunday.

"Do you know how difficult it is to buy flowers that are not Carnations today?!" he said, wanting to claim however much credit for a supposed simple gesture.

And we drove along Repulse bay, with wind toussled hair and old country rock playing. I love this stretch of road - bending winding through the mountains.... until this certain point, when the sea suddenly appears right in front of you, embracing you with its vastness.

While I do wish winter would stretch on a little bit more, summer is actually quite pleasing. With summer approaching, you really feel differently. You're more ready to toss your scarfs and hoods and down jackets and opt for cottons and shorts and hats.

It's known that seasons affect moods - some in a good way, some .. not as perfect.

For me, the heat is not a good thing. I become more temperamental and would keep whining about how hot it is, as if a degree difference makes my skin burn. Definitely short of patience, cos by the time we got to Stanley, all the parking lots were full. It is always so difficult to find a parking lot in HK! Desperate, we parked some distance from Stanley and took a mini bus to the main plaza.

But I'm happy again since I got my fish-and-chips fix. :D Though shortly after, I have to pay for the calories.

I cannot remember when I last swam in the open sea. Must have been last summer. I don't like the feeling of my feet in mid water, not knowing how deep the water is. And I hate swimming without goggles. But I do it because I know you'll always swim by and let me hang on to you and just float. I guess I want to be dependent sometimes.

And you need to let me be. :)

No comments: