Wednesday, November 17, 2010

6 months later...

It's been 6 months since I've updated anything. The pace of living in Hong kong remains as hectic as ever. I wonder if I can find more time if I were back in singapore.

And as always, my life has been full of changes - twists and turns at the most unpredictable moments. I embrace changes and most often am excited about them. The only complaint I have is that I lose the time to sit down and think, write. And I forget.

So to recap the moments in the past 6 months....

1. I went on my first holiday with the wong family to Malaysia (penang and kl):

Dennis is back from Toronto for holiday and the family decided to go away for a short trip. It was mostly eating and rooting at the hotel. I had a moment with Jason's mum - when she said she's very happy to have me on the same trip with them. I was very happy too.

2. I quit:
Well, it had all been in my brain plan all along - 2 years in Hong kong and move on. The time was up for me to try something else. Shanghai presented itself as an opportunity, but I made the decision to stay.

3. I moved! And we moved in together: Moving takes a lot of effort and, needless to say, time. Our new neighborhood is on the western tip of hong kong island and so we get some seaview, and there's also a park in front of our estate. Definitely beats traffic (automobile and human) in wanchai/causeway bay. I need to take a bus to work and give up those mornings when I can wake up at 9am, but I'm reading more.

Moving in is a big step - as most people told me. For me, I only feel that it is a natural progression.

4. I'm cooking!
Or at least attempting to. I made dinner one time - some pork omelette and j asked me what that was. He didn't even finish half the food. Practice makes perfect - I will continue to cook so long as there is someone to eat.

5. I travelled:
First month into my new job and I was sent to Shanghai for training. Been making trips to Guangzhou too (less exciting). Taipei is so much more exciting and I met up with huankun and spent a good evening together.

6. I find out we will be moving again. And that's a different story to tell another time. :)


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: