Monday, November 29, 2010

Run away

My second UNICEF 10km run - another mini proud moment of mine.

This year is different because:
1. J did not run with me, I was with the girls
2. I did not train prior to the run
3. I had a 13-course Chinese dinner the night before and had only 4 hours of sleep.

So under such circumstances, I think i deserve my mini proud moment given that I finished the run and within target of under 75mins, though clearly I am no longer as fit as the year before (68mins).

I didn't run continuously, even though my mind told me to keep on running. I experienced the classic scene where both the angel and devil of me debated with every step I took. The devil succeeded 4 times, but the angel won the last leg. :)

And all along the run, I like to observe people too. There was this pink lady wearing a Afro wig, an old uncle who is running at a slower pace just to accompany his wife, an Asian man with a whole bottle of sun block layered on his face so he looks really white, a Caucasian who is so tall that he looks like he's bouncing like a kangeroo when he runs, a man who has 'nice to meet u' printed on the back of his shirt, and hot girls with damn toned legs, and hot boys with hot buns....

So even with all the ache and lack of sleep, I think I may do it again next year!






Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: