Monday, December 06, 2010

Question of the day, and everyday

What's for dinner?

It has come to my attention that this question is more difficult to answer than most of the business issues I encounter on a daily basis.

A typical exchange with jason at the end of the day.

Pc: are u off work?
J: yes. On way home
Pc: are we going to have dinner together?
J: yes we can
Depending on who responds faster and hits the ball across the court: What do u feel like? / what shall we have for dinner?
......

I do have an answer to that on days when I have a severe craving.

So on those days I say:
How about Indian/ Korean/ Japanese/ Chinese/ Western?

And j says: hmm... my stomach doesn't feel quite right today / I had that yesterday / recently / Any polite form of rejection
What other would u like?

Pc: ......

Or at times when I don't have a particular craving... I say : hmm... anything will do.

J goes: what's anything?

Pc and j both: .....

Or when we both have zilch idea and one decides to bravely suggest something despite fear of rejection.

I go: how about that Japanese place round the corner which is always crowded and with long queue?

J says: ok. Let's do that!

Finally an agreement! And then that restaurant is closed. And we end up walking around the neighborhood aimlessly.

Bugger.

Why do we need to have dinner.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

Miss Laugh-Alot said...

perhaps one way to go around it is to be random.
or u eat A and i'll eat B. we won't have to agree with each other.

perhaps. perhaps.

Yanlin said...

It sounds so much like my situation =P