Friday, April 15, 2011

The verdict

It's April 15th and we have both made our decisions and reached an agreement.

Where New York is the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do, we have decided to stay put.

To me, it's quite a relief as I'm not ready to move, I've got my MBA to take, and my life plan isn't going to change so soon. Uprooting myself to a completely new place 15hours flight away is exciting, but, to a larger extent, daunting. I can't even say for sure if I'd be able to make it there.

For j, it's a relief as well. He can finally settle his mind and focus on what's ahead, and not the what ifs. He is lucky to be given 2 equally good opportunities to choose from (on paper), but a lot of things can't be weighed just like that.

In fact, he didn't how to decide and as a final resort, he sought some divine intervention - his trusty WTS who gave him 2 stories to interpret for himself. The New York option didn't look so good after.

So we're staying put. :)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: