Friday, February 24, 2006

The ways we move..

Today, I want to talk about modes of transportation.

I missed 4 buses in a row yesterday. See, I can either take 106 near my place, or walk to the interchange to take 7 to work. When I was nearing the 106 bus stop, 106 left. So I thought, better catch 7 if not I’ll be late for work. When I was on my way to the interchange, I saw 7 zoomed past me and I was caught at the traffic light junction. When I finally reached the interchange, a 7 was leaving. I ran for my life but it still left me (drowned in perspiration). And I had to wait for another 12 minutes before the next one came along. And another 106 would have left the previous bus stop as well.

When it did finally come along, I looked at my watch and gave the bus uncle a very annoyed look. And I was thinking, if only I have my own means of transport, then I wouldn’t have to go through all these. So, I’m determined to sign up for my basic theory some time soon and save enough money to get a car or something. But… along the way to work, I saw this car that crashed into a tree. And I start to have doubts again, especially since I have no direction sense and need a second or two to tell my left from right.

At work, my colleague told me there is a hello kitty airplane(http://evakitty.evaair.com/index.htm) filled with all kinds of hello kitty merchandise and even have hello kitties pasted on the airplane! And the in flight meals….you guessed it, hello kitty as well! It’s really very cute. Although I’m not a hello kitty fan, I would really love to be in that plane sometime. KAWAII ne! and speaking of planes, I once wanted to be a pilot (but I’m too short) and then an air stewardess (but I didn’t make the mark). So my adventure in the sky had to call quits until I found this job, which allowed me to travel occasionally. But that looks likely to end soon as we’re expecting a new china colleague.

Oh well, can only look forward to the blading session on Sunday! Feel the sea breeze on my face, feel the sun infuse vitamin D onto my skin, feel the (un)smoothness of each glide and count the number of calories burning, as I go “left, right, left, right, left, right….”

No comments: