Tuesday, March 07, 2006

sunday night at holland v



I haven't been to HV for some time..and since i was feeling very very tired after a week of hard work and long hours in the office, mr goh suggested we go and try the HV katong laksa later in the night.

HV is one of my favourite hang outs since JC. Every corner I turn reminds me of a moment in my teenage years (haha). The revealation of this special place started when I moved to my Clementi home slightly before my "O" Levels.

At 16, i studied for my Os at either BK, KFC, or Starbucks. I love Starbucks the most, esp with the scent of coffee but the lights are pretty dim and if you sit outside, people smoke.

Come JC 1 and 2, my classmates and I would skip lessons and just go HV for some ice-cream. We still mug at BK, KFC, Delifrance or starbucks. Sweeties also gather once in a while there, at the ice cream parlour.

After A levels and into uni, met Lin at HV before she flew off to UK. Marc was also there and we tried out the ipoh hor fun next to the katong laksa.

Uni yr one, first date with mr. goh at NYDC.

Bought the crocs slippers for chongmeng at HV shopping centre last year.

and this year, back in HV to have katong laksa and chocolate fondue. and the fondue was huge! we were the only two people sharing the fondue. There was a family of 5 (parents and 3 little boys) who ordered fondue, then a family of 4, then a family of 4 again (and i swear the son looks like he joined singapore idol but didn't get in; or i've seen him somewhere before) and yes, we were the 1st to order but the last to leave cos we took so long to finish everything!

Interestingly, the topic of the night was on how many children we'd like to have. (and mr goh thinks god may be sending us a message when so many families came in to have fondue) I'd like to have 2 but he wants a bundle of 3. Seeing the family with 3 boys really made me think of having my own kids, how i'll bring them to have chocolate fondue and ice cream and have them smear chocolate all over their faces. Seeing their eager looks when the fondue arrive on the table but sitting there ever so obediently before the mother says okay, we can start. They have really cute boys! Then the 2 families of 4 had one boy one girl, not quite the fun bunch but still paints a happy family pic(and interestingly, these families arrived in increasing order of age). So I basically took a glimpse of what my possible future could be like that night.

There's still lotsa construction work going on around HV, a lot more new F&B places and the HV food centre upgrading is finished as well, but some things about HV never change. the way it brings back memories of good times spent makes me want to go back there again and again.




1 comment:

Feim@o said...

fondue looks marvellicious, mr Goh looks wary of chocolate baozhen looks gothic.... tokking abt the number of children constitute family planning and when family planning is concern, sex is involved, and since chocolate is a scientifically proven aphrodisaic, i need not say more. Good day... oh oh oh... got an ah tiong tried to steal my crocs sandals!!!read about it in my blog.. i am so piss i swear my boiling blood can scald his sorry ass