Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I feel the EARTH MOVE under my skin...

"I feel the

EARTH

MOVE

UNDER

MY

SKIN

I feel the world tumbling down, tumbling down...."

Well, aptly put by this song, I did feel the earth move this afternoon....

Was at client's office with boss doing a presentation when towards the end of the meeting, the long table starts to sway left and right. I felt dizzy for a second. Then the lamps start to sway too, and almost Jurassic Park style, the cup of tea starts to ripple.....

I stared across the meeting table, look up down left right, and felt the room turning topsy-turvy. Exchanged glances with a few of the clients... and one of them decided to leave the room and find out what's happening... ALL this time, boss was still giving his presentation speech, looking at the screen... totally oblivious to what has just happened....

until girl comes in, "Sorry guys, WE'VE GOT TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!!"

So we packed our stuff, and evacuated the building in an orderly manner... no pushing, shoving people down the staircase, jumping off the building, screaming, madly calling people on the phone to say last goodbyes and what not...

Some people even took the lift... =_=

Everyone gathered opposite the building and just kept staring at it, wondering if it'd collapse anytime soon....

but news travel TOO DAMN FAST. someone already said it's an earthquake in indonesia.

And I thought: wow, must be a helluva earthquake...

It's scary.... the few seconds/minutes of tremors we felt would be magnified tens of thousands of times in indonesia.

We could still take our time to slowly walk out of the building, what about the people in western indonesia? News has it that hundreds of buildings were flattened, the quake aftershock killing at least 30 with a magnitude of 6.3.

Life continues for us. Work continues.

We settled in at Venezia,

where boss finished the remaining of his presentation,

while I finished my cup of frothy cuppucino.

No comments: