Tuesday, March 06, 2007

attraction of the wrong kind

While on the train home last night (cos met ru and mich for dinner, if not i usually take the bus), I saw this Indian man wink at me, from the other end of the cabin....

At first I thought I was imagining things, too much workout-two classes in a row, my limbs almost giving way, my biological clock says it's time to sleep....

Then, he did it again.

So I looked back, thinking that he could be my Indian friend from primary school or JC.... but no look like anyone I know leh....

So...I sent an sms to mich, just something to keep my mind and fingers working, although from the reflection I could still see him staring at me.

City hall stop: I would usually get out and go to the platform upstairs to take the green line... but i decided i will take to raffles place instead...

and he came to sit right next to me!

"Hi, what's your name?"

I: raised eyebrow

"I'm a tourist, I come from Sri Lanka and I would like to make friends with you..."

I: continue to fiddle with phone

"Can we talk?"

I: "erh... I don't think I want to... it's late and I'm on my way home."

"I can go home with you?"

I: "WHAT?!"

DING DONG... RAFFLES PLACE...

hurriedly walked out and started punching Mr Goh's number on my phone..

"I just want to make friends and talk... I'm also going home...."

I: "SORRY, I need to talk to my boyfriend."

BUT MR GOH DIDN'T PICK UP HIS PHONE.

and the sri lankan hung around, giving me looks, when I finally decided to STARE back at him. That sort of did the trick and he didn't follow me on the west bound train.

why i always kenna this kinda things ah, in delhi, in taipei... and now in spore...

why never let me meet some prince or knight... who will marry me and take me to his castle and ride on horses everyday.... (we met a sec sch friend who got married to someone like that last night too)

then again, who knows... I might have turned away the maharaja's son last night...

No comments: