Sunday, April 08, 2007

Too many foodie weekends!

I thought working out 3 times a week can allow me to indulge myself in all the food I want to eat. I was so wrong.

=3 March=
Thomson Prata
I used to eat here often during St nicks days, especially when my uncle comes fetch me from school. We would drop by to have a quick snack on our way home.
I <3 crispy prata.


=4 March=
Jap @ Raffles City
I forgot what's the name of this restaurant, but it's beside the pizza place. The reason why i was looking so gloomy was because I had been at the Suntec travel fair queueing and waiting and queueing and waiting the ENTIRE day. Oh, and I also bit on my ulcer.


=9 March=
Waraku @ Central, Birthday with GGGoh and the pick-and-mix candies
I realised that I've been going to the Starhub Centre's Waraku without knowing it is the Waraku restaurant. I LOVE their FURNACE! The curry katsu don I had that night was not bad too...

GGGoh was such a sweet that night-she got all of us a bag of sweets each, got special meaning for everyone of us some more wor. My sweets included the set of white teeth! (I can't wait to take my braces off!)


=10 March=
ECP Blading and Drive Thru KFC
2 hours of blading... that's my excuse for eating fast food!


=11 March=
Hong Kong Cafe @ Marina
See the two plates of spaghetti? I actually ordered the pork chop one... but the waiter served next table's black pepper beef spaghetti to me, and I ... erh... took a bite.. then realised they got my order wrong. HEE. Mr. Goh's curry chicken is really not bad, although it looks like shit.


=17 March=
Superdog, (expensive) Carl's Junior and The Chicken Rice Shop @ Vivo
Brought the boys out to watch 'Happily Never After' - which turned out to be really crap. Fast food fast food and oily chicken rice after that!


=18 Mar=
The Manhattan Fish Market @ Central

This is the FIRST time Mr. Goh didn't finish his food. We ordered a caesar to start off and some seafood platter for two. We ate and ate and ate from evening sun hang low to sundown AND we STILL cannot finish the food.


=24 March DAY=
Bak Kut Teh @ Rangoon Road



=24 March NIGHT=
Chomp Chomp


=26 March=
Ramen @ Cuppage


=30/31 March=
Birthday indulgence - Rive Guache, Altivo, Thai Express, CHOCZ, Mezza9


=6 April=
Shimbashi Dessert, Steamboat, Junk food and Mochi at Meesh's
We were SUPPOSED to go to the gym after a light tea break at Delifrance. INSTEAD, we settled for Shimabashi desserts! Followed by steamboat eat-all-u-can at meesh's. Highly recommended is the Mochi (30pcs) sold at Bee Cheng Hiang, with 5 flavours (green tea, red bean, peanut, yam and sesame). Everybody loved it. ;)


=8 April=
Basil Alcove and AhBORling
Basil Alcove was featured in 8Days and Mr Goh, being a recent 8Days convert, decided that we should give the joint a try since the reviews were really good. The food was pretty delicious - pretty and delicious. The presentation is similar to the dishes you get at fine-dining restaurants, except that this joint is more like a roadside kopitiam. And anywhere al fresco... I'm BOUND to be bitten by mosquitoes, hence the unglam 'kiao ka' and scratch leg before dinner was served.
Another point to note if you guys want to try out Alcove: you have to make reservations and dinner orders are not taken until it's strictly 6.30pm. Mr. Goh and I were there at about 610pm, but they wouldn't take our orders (except for drinks), which was quite puzzling. A pity they don't serve dessert too, so we had to find our own dessert at liang seah street.


Anyway, point of this post is...

I HAVE PUT ON WEIGHT!

and this is not without proof.

My jeans/pants/skirts feel tighter and the weighing scale doesn't lie.

So, no more foodie weekends! No more snacking in office! More fruits and veggies!

The next few weekends would be gym gym gym weekends!

No comments: