Friday, July 25, 2008

It's my last day

Here I am

on the eve of my last day of work

pen in hand

I clearly remembered my first day of work

where we had our first lunch

my first project and the ones that followed

my first overseas assignment in Taiwan

I wrote my 'thank you's to Boss and (ex) colleagues

who had been so extremely sweet -

he wrote:

'Dear all,

Poh Chin has decided to leave for the bright lights of Hong Kong and Synovate. In the long history, I have rarely tried so hard to keep an employee. Sadly, despite my every effort, she could not be induced to stay.

Poh Chin has been with us for over three years, in which time she had become a consummate research professional, mastering every aspect of the job from interviewing, to analysis, to project management and even business development. Her last day in the office will be this Friday July 25th.

She will be sorely missed.'

And I will miss them too.

No comments: