Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today is a very sad day

'Today is a very sad day...."

That's the first thing boss said to me when he walked by my desk this morning.


I looked out, and indeed, it looked grey.


Went to Dempsey Hill to grab some bites and drinks at Margaritas.


Mexican food - haha - reminded me of my days in Mexico city.

Headed to Handle Bar for more drinks.

Spoke about HK, about relationships....

Boss gave this analogy which I quite like:

'Everyone has their favourite mug, but once their favourite mug has a crack, do they throw it away?

No, people then start to store their favourite mug in a corner. But what's the point of keeping a cracked mug? It's just a matter of time before you chuck the cracked mug away - so better to do it sooner than later.'

Well, he obviously told it more convincingly.

Mae said something else, which her shrink told her:

'People are always evolving and if relationships don't evolve together with the persons, someone's bound to be left behind.'

Boss also gave me a farewell gift which he kept saying I can have it exchanged in T&co singapore if I don't like it... but I love it! I don't think I can say my thanks enough for the times spent at I-A-L.

I don't like farewells - I cried my heart out. It's gonna be worse on 10th aug. gosh.

No comments: