Saturday, May 16, 2009

i'm a diehard csi fan

I'm a diehard csi las vegas fan, truly.
I have completed seasons 6-9 - while doing so, I realised some cases are brought over to the next season. It would make better sense if I start where it all begins - back at 1.
And so I did. Grissom looked much younger. Warrick had a betting habit. Catherine's Lindsay is just a baby girl. Nick is still as cute. Sarah hadn't had any feelings for Grissom yet.
These characters are like family to me, when I'm confined to the 4 walls of my apartment.
I laugh with them, I cry with them, I want to catch the bad guys with them.
There had been some debate over the show... that it 'educates' criminals; that to break the law, you have to learn the law and pray that you get away scot free. But I don't think it's all that easy in reality.
Sometimes I do imagine how I'd be like, to be one of these criminals; to callously take someone's life away and it gives me the shudders. There is no 'kick' to see life draining from someone's eyes. I want to see life in someone's eyes - a sparkle.
I get nightmares sometimes. Dreams of myself being a victim; of losing someone dear. It's terrible.
I'm so addicted to csi that I wish to be a forensics scientist too. People lie, but the evidence doesn't. It's all about putting the jigsaw puzzle together to find the truth.
In one of the episodes, Grissom spoke about this Harvard philosophy lecturer he met on a plane, who told him this observation:
"Every day after his 3-hour lecture, he would go to take a leak.
And as he flushed, he noticed a spider struggling against the flush on the side of the bowl.
The next day he'd go back again, and the same spider would still be there.
After a couple of days, he decided to put the spider out of misery, took a napkin, and scooped the spider out to place it at a corner.
The next day he went back, the spider is dead."
Get the morale of this story?
Human's actions have an effect. You don't impose your will on others.
Sometimes, the csi are caught between their beliefs and the evidence but that doesn't mean they should impose their will to make the evidence tell the story they want. The evidence should tell the tale.
Same applies to life - if only it's all that uncomplicated.
Heavy thoughts on a Saturday morning.
Two more weeks to HOME!

No comments: