Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you're speaking."
I read an article today that made me rethink about my own schedule
and the many often times which I've failed to keep to it.
Basically, the article spoke about keeping your primary values as your core
so much so that it is IN your schedule.
For myself, my primary value seems to be only satisfying my own needs and whims.
How noble right.
See, I can't say I place my family first because they are not in my schedule.
I am not even by their side.
I can't say I place my health as a top priority since I don't keep to my workout schedule.
Work takes up most of my schedule - but is it the most valuable to me now?
The writer writes:
"Show me your schedule and I'll discover the truth.
Because your schedule doesn't lie.
There can be no authentic success and lasting happiness if your daily schedule is misaligned with your deepest values. If there is a gap between what you do and who you are, you are out of integrity.
You are not walking your talk.
Your schedule is the best barometer for what you truly value and believe to be important.
Too many people talk a good talk. But talk is cheap. Show me your schedule and I'll show you what your priorities are."
Mine? Just surviving life.
But I need to be living it.

No comments: