Saturday, April 08, 2006

the night at devils bar

It's true that some things happen for a reason, or are fated to happen in one way or another. When I got a call from my primary school friend this afternoon for some drinks tonight, I thought, well, why not? We haven't been in contact for 10 years! So, I decided to be spontaneous about it and agreed to meet up. (originally, my mum wanted to go shop for sofa set after i end work, but she called and said she's still at the hair salon. And being the planner that I am, I don't really like to be so spontaneous. hur.)

So yep, I rang up another primary school friend, who also happens to be my ex-neighbour, and best friend in primary school and asked her if she's available to meet up tonight. And so happens that she's going to devils. So that's when all the missing pieces of the puzzle starts to fall in place.

Pity leroy couldn't make it... cos it was actually birthday celebration thingy for jasmine! and it's like how qiao. I knew her birthday was around the corner.. but I didn't expect the timing of everything to be so accurate. So yeah, it's amazing how the chemistry among the few of us are still there, although i seriously think there is something wrong with my memory.

I can hardly remember things which happened during those primary school days... does that happen to you? I mean, they can really rememeber a lot of details! All I get are only 'screen shots' of events. like 'SNAP' boys throwing coins into our blouses, then 'SNAP', coke stains on school uniforms, 'SNAP' sitting in front of movie screen... what's wrong with my memory bank man.... how nice would it be if I could still remember exactly how I felt during those moments. By talking about childhood stuff with them definitely makes it easier to dig certain deep-seated memories from my brain and make those images start to appear again. Although we've not been there for one another for so many years, I'm sure there are times when we will think about one another and just wonder how they are doing now...

I'm glad we finally met up and on such a joyous occasion too. :)






And since I always feel very awake after i bathe, plus I've just drank some dang gui chicken soup thingy my mum prepared... I shall talk more about the night at devils.

The live band was not bad, vocals damn power. and there's always some fat, gay-ish looking guys bar-top dancing. Entertainment level for the night---high.

Drinks--- we had chivas. and I just found out that there is such a thing called chivas green tea. yeah, very suaku i know...but green tea was only popular a few years ago? and how i know any other drink also can be mixer. :P and jc broke the chivas bottle to get 3 crystal balls out and i took all of it! muahahaha.

and, it is proven that nokia handphones can take better pictures than the more expensive mini 02. ha ha ha ha. the flash from the 02 was BLINDING and pictures are still dark.

my heart is still beating at a faster-than-normal rate and my stomach feels HOT.
no cravings for green apple or dustbins or toilet bowl. no feeling constipated.
hair still stinks badly and ops, i think i didn't have dinner just now. (but the chicken wing they serve at devils is pretty good).

Need to detox my system tmr. now, need to get some beauty sleep.

1 comment:

Feim@o said...

i do not agree with 流浪人, while it is good to see how each of us has grown, there is always this tendency to compare and the pressure seems to be on everyone, those that did not turn out well will try to appear otherwise and those that did well will feel try to put down their own achievements in order not to look insensitive towards those that don't do as well. Perhaps this just happen to me, but during such gatherings, there are always moments of cold awkward silence wherby everyone will try to find a topic to talk about. this is probably due to the fact that we were not together in the growing up process and there are large parcel of times missing so we cannot relate to each otehr well... i don't dislike primary school gathering, but i don't look forward to attending one either.