Monday, March 12, 2007

unloading the weight on my heart to the web

So.... whatever sneaky happenings last week materialised today. All this while, I knew things will eventually turn out this way. The next two to three months will spell C-R-A-Z-Y.

But I know I will survive, we will survive. I have unknowingly taken a bit more responsibility towards the company than I expected.

Speaking to an ex colleague, I told him about what's going on at work and such. I told him I felt a bit lost, especially since i've witnessed every one of my colleagues leaving.

Then he said, 'actually, I think you're doing well and you enjoy your work. The most important thing is that you enjoy your work. The company gives us a lot of opportunities to handle every aspect of project management. You won't get these kind of exposure in bigger companies, in (insert big consulting company he worked with after he left us), I was not given these opportunities at all. I think the jobs skills required of THE APPRENTICE are similar to what we learnt from working with Peter."

The sweeties also sorted out my thoughts....
"there are different types of people, can perform very well during interviews, can perform well for the daily tasks. you are capable or more."
"you should really be looking forward.... there'll probably be more opportunities for you."

still, i felt restless at work today. The decision to still make it for gym class was a GOOD one. During that 60 minutes, I was only concentrating on easing the pain in my legs and stomach. During that 60 minutes, I manage to really laugh (at my instructor's jokes), feel the sweat trickle down my back and just think of doing that additional squat/crunch/leg raise to make up the count.

Mr goh was around to further sort my thoughts during dinner.

He reminded me that there are two types of people (honest and dishonest) and also that career mismatch is a serious problem. You'll never do well at work if you don't enjoy what you're doing, or is always unhappy about the pay you're getting, if your career expectations are not met and yada yada...

Oh well, I'm not going to think so much liao. My colleagues will start their new lives, while I work my way through mine, the kind of living that I'm still happy with and enjoying, at least for now. There ain't no mountain high enough.....


And thanks girls for keeping me sane.

thank you mr goh for keeping me grounded.

No comments: