Thursday, April 13, 2006

Memory Toggle

#1: My primary school chinese teacher was called "bulldog" because he looked like one -dark short and fat- and he also had to run around the classroom chasing my boy classmates with the wooden metre ruler in his hands. There's supposedly a bulldog song created just for him.

#2: I have got two indian friends. One took over his father's business and became a money changer, the other, last remembered to have jumped down from the second level of our school building in order to prove his love for my best friend. Apparently, he twisted his ankle only.

#3: My favourite thing to do during recess is to play hopscotch and zero-point. I can jump over the "2-inch" level and we throw our wallets on the hopscotch drawing on the tarmac ground.

#4: My favourite food in the canteen was from the noodle stall. Occasionally, the cheese sandwich from the drinks stall, and the He Bao Dan from the fried rice stall.

#5: I used to play the organ when I was young and my best piece of music (apparently) is 爱相随 by 周华健. The music scores were bought from the big popular bookshop near school, and it is one of my favourite hangouts.

#6: I vaguely remember my winning chinese story telling competition piece to be about a girl who happily went out to buy dark soy sauce only to break the bottles and dare not return home. It was a story chosen by my teacher and she trained me every day in front of the class like how you'd train a parrot to speak. (of course, i'm grateful that she did what she did)

#7: I remember getting a love letter from a classmate.... and taking MC for the rest of that day.

#8: I had to stand in front of the entire school and sing the school song/national anthem and recite the national/school (sometimes over the PA system) every day. The bad thing about it is, I cannot be late... the good thing about it is... I get to people-watch. hm, is that a good thing?

No comments: